Chilli Beef with Nachos
Won’t be long before days get shorter and nights become colder. Chilli beefs with an extra kick is sure to keep you warm inside. Low carb and high in protein. The chilli make enough for 2 people. Condiments such as the ceese and sour cream be tailored to suit each person’s needs.
Difficulty: Novice Chef
Cooking time: 40 mins
Nutritional info (based on 1 person)
500g Premium Beef Mince
100g tomato puree
1 tbsp of Chilli powder, paprika, turmeric, Cajun gymchef spice
4tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ punnet cherry tomatoes
½ bulb of garlic
2 mini wraps (32g each)
40g mozzarella cheese (each)
40g sour cream (each)
40 hot salsa
1. Preheat a large pot over a medium heat
2. Roughly chop the vegetables into bite sized chunks and season the meat with salt and pepper.
3. Turn up the heat of the pot and when it starts to smoke add in the mince and all of the vegetables and allow them to cook for 5 mins.
4. Turn the heat back down to medium, add in all of the spices and give it a good mix until well combined.
5. Add the tomato puree and mix well again.
6. Add 250ml of water and the balsamic vinegar. This should loosen the mixture up if it becomes to stodgy.
7. Turn the heat down low, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and let simmer for 30 mins until all of the vegetables have softened.
8. Season the wraps with the same spices again and bake on a tray in the oven for 5 minutes until they begin to brown. Then take them out and cut in half, then in half again and so on until they resemble Nachos.
9. At the very end take it off of the heat and squeeze in the lime juice.
10. Divide into two bowls and top it off with the sour cream, cheese, salsa and jalapeños.