Like spicey food?… Then you definitely need to have these. The ingredients are simple because I have yet to go food shopping so I literally just reached for what I could from the press.
Traditional Mexican eggs are filled with rice, fried beans and guacamole along with a while host of veggies and meat.
Seeing as I did not have most of the ingredients above didn’t matter, just improvise instead with what you have ensuring the main ingredients are eggs & chilli. Just make it is spicy AF 🔥
Under the ingredients list is the name of the brand & store that I purchased them in. Once again the macros are uploaded onto Myfitnesspal, just search for the heading under feastfoodcreations.
3 medium free range eggs (Kerrigans butchers)
1 wholemeal tortilla wrap (Tesco)
30g light creme fraiche (Tesco light choices)
25g grated mozzarella cheese (Ardagh, Aldi)
50g El Paso Mild Cunky Salsa.
2 lean smoked bacon medallions (Brannans, Aldi)
5g coconut oil (coco loco, Aldi)
50g red onikns, peppers & jalapenos.
Basically just scrambled eggs.
- Pace the tortillas on a griddle pan and let them slowly toast away (alternatively just put the oven or microwave until soft).
- Roughly chop the veggies & Bacon & fry in the cover oil in a pan for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with some salt/pepper.
- Veggies are soft add in the eggs and turn down the heat slightly stirring until the eggs begin to scramble.
- Add in the cheese & mix.
- Lay out the tortilla flat nd start with the salsa on the bottom, then the eggs.
- Top it off with the creme fraiche & crushed chilli flakes.
(Tip: soft goats cheese goes really nice and adds a creamy texture if that’s your things. If not, enjoy as is)